Go back to blog homepage

How to request your travel records (in and out of Australia)

Written by on with 0 comments

Records of your travel in and outside of Australia can be obtained by applying on this the following link. for yourself, someone else (in special circumstances) or your child under the age of 18 (with some exceptions). You may also wish to apply using a paper form found here.

If you are seeking to obtain records for your movements before January 1981, you need to contact the National Archives of Australia

If you require arrival and departure details for another country besides Australia you will need to obtain this from the relevant authority in that country. Your Australian movement records will not show the countries you travelled to or from.

Your Australian movement records will show:

  • Your name, gender, country of birth and date of birth
  • Your departure and arrival dates in and out of Australia from 1981 to present
  • If you were inside or outside of Australia for a certain period of time
  • How many movements (arrivals and departures) are on record for the period covered by the request
  • Departure and/or arrival dates
  • Passport numbers used for travel
  • Port codes which will identify the Australian port of arrival or departure
  • Flight or vessel details, such as flight number
  • Visa subclass and expiry date at the time of travel

There is a Document Checklist available which you should read as it will help you submit a complete application.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd or the author of this article be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website. Immigration law is complex and is subject to constant regulatory and policy change.  The information provided here may be outdated and no longer accurate.  The information provided above is a general guide only – it is not tailored for your specific circumstances or immigration purposes and you must under no circumstances rely on this information for immigration planning or the lodgement of an application with the Australian government or related bodies.  In order to ensure your eligibility is accurately assessed and to allow for tactical decision making that would best suit your desired immigration outcome, it is essential that you consult with a capable immigration advisor registered with the relevant body.

Click here to read ratings and reviews of immigration advisors and contact them.

Leave a comment