Steps to take if you submit incorrect information on your visa application
What should you do if you submit an incorrect answer on your visa application?
– Don’t panic. You can provide more information to the immigration department at any time until a decision is made on your application.
– In order to correct an error, it is recommended that you complete a Form 1023 “Notification of incorrect answer(s) which is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s website.
In the event the Department of Immigration and Border Protection asks you for further information you should:
– Respond to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection before the date outlined in their communication.
– In the event you are interviewed by the department, you should bring a copy of your passport and any other identification documents you may have along with any documentation requested by the department.
In the event another person provides the immigration department with information that could result in your visa being refused, the immigration department will:
– Usually allow the visa applicant an opportunity to comment on the information provided.
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.