Go back to blog homepage

13 facts about the Entertainment Visa (subclass 420)

Written by on with 0 comments

This article will outline 13 things you should know before applying for the Australian Entertainment Visa (Subclass 420).

  1. The Entertainment Visa (Subclass 420) will allow you to work as a performer or support, production or directing staff in the Australian entertainment industry. You will be able to work in live productions, television and film.
  2. You may be able to be granted this visa if you will be working in the Australian entertainment industry or if you are nominated by an Entertainment sponsor.
  3. The application process is 3 staged. (1) Sponsorship which involves a government agency, an Australian organisation, foreign government agency or eligible individual applying to become an Entertainment sponsor. (2) Nomination which involves the Entertainment sponsor nominating you to fulfil a position. (3) Visa which involves you applying for the subclass 420 Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa.
  4. It is a temporary visa.
  5. You can be either inside or outside when applying for this visa.
  6. If you are inside Australia at the time of application, you must be inside Australia at the time of grant.
  7. If you are outside of Australia at the time of application, you must be outside Australia at the time of grant.
  8. You must be able to support yourself financially whilst in Australia (evidence may be required e.g. bank statements, employment contract etc).
  9. You must arrange health insurance (unless your country has a reciprocal health arranagement with Australia). Your family must be covered by health insurance as well.
  10. You must meet certain health requirements.
  11. You must meet the character requirement. You may be asked to provide a police clearance certificate for every country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years (from after you turned 16). Note that police clearance certificates can expire for the purposes of the Australian immigration department.
  12. You may be asked to provide biometrics (scientific form of identification).
  13. You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government.


If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email sapna@immiadvisor.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information contained in this blog is general information only and does not constitute immigration or legal advice. Immiadvisor will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable for any losses, injuries or damage to you or anyone else resulting from any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website. ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate

Leave a comment