Go back to blog homepage

Driving in Western Australia (WA)

Written by on with 0 comments

Temporary visitors

If you are on a temporary visa, you may be able to drive in Western Australia on your current overseas licence, but you must carry with you:

  • Your current overseas licence; AND
  • An official English translation OR International Driving Permit

Driving in Western Australia (WA)

If you are on a permanent resident visa and are living in Western Australia, you can drive on your overseas licence for up to three months. During this time, you must apply for a Western Australian driver’s licence.

You may be able to convert your overseas driver’s licence to a Western Australian licence if you are from a recognised country, and after you undertake all the necessary tests.

If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email sapna@immiadvisor.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.


Leave a comment