Go back to blog homepage

Driving in the Northern Territory (NT)

Written by on with 0 comments

In Northern Territory, you are not allowed to drive on your overseas licence. You must transfer your licence and vehicle registration within three months of residing in the Northern Territory.

To transfer your overseas licence to a Northern Territory licence, you must:

  • provide a valid and current overseas visa; AND
  • your overseas license; OR
  • a letter from an overseas license issuing authority confirming your licence details and status; OR
  • a letter from a relevant consulate or diplomatic office confirming your license details and status according to information obtained from an overseas licence issuing authority confirming your license details and status; AND
  • pass an eyesight test; AND
  • complete an application form; AND
  • provide evidence of identity and residency

For more information, visit http://www.transport.nt.gov.au/mvr/licensing/faqs/overseas-licence

If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email sapna@immiadvisor.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.


Leave a comment