Go back to blog homepage

Driving in South Australia (SA)

Written by on with 0 comments

Temporary visitors

To drive in South Australia on a temporary visa, you must carry:

  • Your current overseas licence; AND
  • An official English translation of your current overseas licence if your overseas licence is not in English OR a current International Driving Permit;
  • Your passport

Note that your International Driving Permit must be issued by the same country that issued your driver’s licence.

In addition, you must not be disqualified from driving in any country.

If your license expires whilst you are in Australia, you must apply for an Australian licence.

Permanent residents

If you are a permanent resident, you must obtain an South Australian driving licence within three months of your permanent resident visa being approved.

You may be able to transfer your overseas licence depending on which country issued your current visa.

For more information, visit https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport/drivers-and-licences/driving-with-an-overseas-licence

If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email sapna@immiadvisor.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.



Leave a comment