Go back to blog homepage

Driving in Queensland (QLD)

Written by on with 0 comments

If you hold an overseas licence, you are able to drive in Queensland for a maximum of three months from the time of obtaining your visa. You must:

  • comply with the conditions of your overseas licence;
  • only drive the motor vehicles authorised by your overseas licence;
  • you have not been disqualified from driving anywhere in Australia;
  • your licence has not been suspended; and
  • carry your overseas licence, plus an English translation of your overseas licence if it is not in English

After that time period of three months, you must have obtained a Queensland licence. You may be able to transfer your foreign licence to a Queensland licence.

For more information, please visit https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/overseas/transfer/index.html

If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email sapna@immiadvisor.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.


Leave a comment