8 facts about the Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
1. The Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858) lets you stay, work and study in Australia indefinitely.
2. You are able to sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
3. From the date of visa grant you are able to travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years. After the 5 year period you are required to apply for a “Resident Return visa”.
4. To be eligible you must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following fields (a) a profession (b) a sport (c) the arts (d) academia and research. You must be an asset to the community.
5. At the time of application, if you are a holder of one of the visas listed below, you may not be eligible for a distinguished talent visa.
- Temporary Work visa (Subclass 400)
- Special purpose visa (subclass 444)
- Business (Short Stay) visa (Subclass 456)
- Superyacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 600)
- Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
- eVisitor (Subclass 651)
- Tourist visa (Subclass 676)
- Maritime Crew Visa (Subclass 988)
6. You must be “nominated” by an eligible person or organisation.
7. You must have no difficulty in finding employment or becoming established independently in your field in Australia.
8. You must be of “exceptional benefit” to the Australian community if your are over 55 years of age or below 18 years of age.
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.